Guided meditation is a way to meditate by using guidance from a teacher, practitioner, written text, sound recording or video.
It is a way to meditate through the above mediums, comprising of music, verbal instruction or both.
Many people when faced with the thought of starting meditation for the first time to help with their mental wellbeing, feel overwhelmed of the thought of where to begin.
The guided meditation will help you envisage some specific mental imagery, walk you through some breathing exercises or mantras.
This is a far easier way to start meditating, which takes the hard work out for a beginner.
There are many ways to start a guided meditation in the form of podcast, video or going to a in-studio class.
So instead of worrying about your technique or form, you can concentrate on relaxing and meditating.
Time To Use Guided meditation?
When is a good time to meditate?
This depends on our lifestyle, but meditation doesn’t need to take much time out of our day.
Many of us seem to say we will do it later on, but later on never arrives.
But to make it work we have to make it a part of a regular routine or habit.
The two simplest ways are putting it into our daily lives, is to either do it first thing in the morning are last thing at night.
People find that these times are the quietest times of the day, therefore easier to practice.
Meditating late at night is a good time, due to fact that many of us have finished work, and there’s not a lot of distractions.
Meditating at night is also a good way to wind down and relax and help with a better nights sleep.
The advantage of meditating in the morning is that you will begin your day on the right frame of mind.
Plus the fact you don’t now have to try and find time later in the day to meditate, its been done.
If you set up a regular routine for meditating, you will soon feel the benefits, which will help to de-stress.
Where to find a guide
Its now easier than ever to find a guide to help you, and to find the one for you, here are some options:
- Podcasts: There are plenty of podcasts that provide learning and meditation practices.
- Websites: Use Google and search for videos on YouTube, or find a website offering there services.
- Online music services: Spotify, Apple Music or any other subscription streaming music service will give you access to many meditation sessions which will vary in length.
- Yoga classes: Go to your local Yoga studio, which may have a class solely for meditation.
Benefits of Meditation
There are many benefits of meditation including the following:
- Helps to reduce the symptoms of stress related issues, anxiety and depression.
- Better and more fulfilling relationships.
- Reduced chronic pain and hypertension.
- Helps overcome addiction.
- Improves the immune system.
- Increases wellbeing and happiness.
- Makes you calm and feel more relaxed.
- Improves willpower.
- Longer and more fruitful life.